Environmental control of chicken houses in farming
(1) Temperature control If it is to raise eggs for chickens of 10 weeks or older or high-quality broilers with slow growth rate, the temperature in the nest house is controlled at 10-30 °C, pay attention to summer heatstroke and winter cold, avoid chicken house The internal temperature is fluctuating. Do not lower than 5 °C in winter indoor temperature (especially at night), and take measures to control the room temperature below 32 °C during the summer night.
If you are raising large broilers or fast-growing quality broilers, you need to control the temperature at 18-30 °C.
(2) Humidity control For chickens, the humidity is between 55% and 70% under the premise of suitable temperature in the chicken house. The key to production is to prevent moisture. The key to moisture protection: build the chicken house in a higher place, raise the ground in the chicken house, do the drainage around the chicken house to prevent water leakage in the house, pay attention to the rain protection of the roof and doors and windows, and frequently ventilate Ventilation. For stocking chickens, moisture is an important factor in causing parasitic diseases, colibacillosis, and fungal diseases, and it is easy to cause the surface of feathers and eggs to be too dirty.
(3) Illumination control The illumination should be controlled according to the type of chicken and the feeding stage. If it is an egg-type chicken in the breeding period, only natural light is needed every day, and no human illumination is needed. If it is a chicken in the laying period, the daily light time is stopped from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm, counting 16 hours. If the broiler is kept, the daily lighting time can be controlled according to the laying hen’s control measures (16 hours a day). The light intensity is not suitable when supplementing the lighting, so that the feed, drinking water and litter can be clearly observed.
(4) Ventilation and ventilation When the temperature exceeds 15 °C, the doors and windows and fans can be opened frequently for proper ventilation (the higher the temperature, the greater the ventilation). When the flocks are active in the woodland, they can be thoroughly ventilated. Maintaining good air quality in the house is a basic condition for improving the health, performance and quality of the flock.
(5) Feeding density control According to the area inside the house, the stocking density is controlled.
(6) Reducing frightened flocks Preventing frightenedness is an important part of the management of stocking chickens. Frightened flocks will not only stop the chickens from growing temporarily (within a few days), drop eggs, or even affect their health. The main reasons for frightened chickens are: sudden noise, such as car honking, people shouting, dog barking, etc.; strangers and large animals, large birds close, animals include a variety of livestock, cats, dogs and so on. In order to prevent the large birds from approaching, a colored strip can be placed on the top of the bamboo poles in the stocking field.